We arrived in Cleveland and my dad and I decided to go to the Indians game. My grandfather decided to read the newspaper and take a nap. My dad says it was a lot easier to get into sporting events for a full discount twenty five years ago, but let's just say it is still possible today. Since it was our first time at the stadium, we decided to walk around and check it out. I think I walked everywhere possible for the first six innings. We ate a lot of food since it is better than in any other ball park in the US. We first went to a place called Melt. It is a local grilled cheese place in Cleveland. I got the BBQ melt. It had pulled pork, cole slaw, BBQ sauce and pepper jack cheese. It was heavenly, especially with the side of potato chips. Then we walked around some more and got nachos from Locos Nachos. They were as good as any you would get in Mexico! They had pulled chicken, white melted cheese, jalapeños, and salsa. It was delicious. At this point, we decided to find some seats. We saw some wide open behind home plate fifteen rows up. So we sat there and watched the seventh inning and the start of the eighth. It was extremely awesome. The ballpark was great and an awesome experience that I would recommend to anyone- great food, great venue, great people. The Indians may not be the best team in the league but it was a lot of fun. Thanks for reading and come back tomorrow for my post about our first day in Toronto and attending a Canadian Football game. Thanks, again!
Sunday, August 9, 2015
Yesterday we made a stop at the WGC Bridgestone because it was being played near Cleveland, in Akron. We caught the third round of the tournament. We started out at the fan experience where I made two out of three putts to get a towel and I did a simulation of the sixteenth hole approach shot over the water, which was fun. Then we decided to watch my favorite golfer, Jordan Spieth. He hit one of his drives into the fan area and I raced over to see him shoot. He gave me a fist bump when he walked by! The shot he hit was a punch hook shot under the tree and onto the green from one hundred and twenty yards out and he didn't know what the excitement was until his playing partner, Lee Westwood, gave him the thumbs up. His caddy was standing right in front of me and I was able to reach over and touch his bag. Also, it was pretty cool and crazy that Spieth had to have a bodyguard with him at all times! I also got to see another American, Patrick Reed, hit a shot that was within five feet of me. He hit it with a tree root in front of him. He punched it out into the middle of the fairway. Also, an up and coming American golfer, Brooks Koepka, hit one hundred and twenty yards out over a one hundred foot tree! Those three Americans could possibly bring the Ryder Cup back to the USA. The Bridgestone was a great experience for me and for all golf lovers. There was a lot of shade and good spots to sit, whether at the tee box or the green. All in all, it was a great venue and a great day!
Before arriving at our destination in Cleveland, we stopped at A Christmas Story House and Museum where the movie, A Christmas Story, was filmed. It was pretty cool and had a great gift shop. My dad makes the whole family watch the movie every year at Christmas. It can be a bit annoying to have to watch it every year but it's just what we do.
We arrived in Cleveland and my dad and I decided to go to the Indians game. My grandfather decided to read the newspaper and take a nap. My dad says it was a lot easier to get into sporting events for a full discount twenty five years ago, but let's just say it is still possible today. Since it was our first time at the stadium, we decided to walk around and check it out. I think I walked everywhere possible for the first six innings. We ate a lot of food since it is better than in any other ball park in the US. We first went to a place called Melt. It is a local grilled cheese place in Cleveland. I got the BBQ melt. It had pulled pork, cole slaw, BBQ sauce and pepper jack cheese. It was heavenly, especially with the side of potato chips. Then we walked around some more and got nachos from Locos Nachos. They were as good as any you would get in Mexico! They had pulled chicken, white melted cheese, jalapeños, and salsa. It was delicious. At this point, we decided to find some seats. We saw some wide open behind home plate fifteen rows up. So we sat there and watched the seventh inning and the start of the eighth. It was extremely awesome. The ballpark was great and an awesome experience that I would recommend to anyone- great food, great venue, great people. The Indians may not be the best team in the league but it was a lot of fun. Thanks for reading and come back tomorrow for my post about our first day in Toronto and attending a Canadian Football game. Thanks, again!
We arrived in Cleveland and my dad and I decided to go to the Indians game. My grandfather decided to read the newspaper and take a nap. My dad says it was a lot easier to get into sporting events for a full discount twenty five years ago, but let's just say it is still possible today. Since it was our first time at the stadium, we decided to walk around and check it out. I think I walked everywhere possible for the first six innings. We ate a lot of food since it is better than in any other ball park in the US. We first went to a place called Melt. It is a local grilled cheese place in Cleveland. I got the BBQ melt. It had pulled pork, cole slaw, BBQ sauce and pepper jack cheese. It was heavenly, especially with the side of potato chips. Then we walked around some more and got nachos from Locos Nachos. They were as good as any you would get in Mexico! They had pulled chicken, white melted cheese, jalapeños, and salsa. It was delicious. At this point, we decided to find some seats. We saw some wide open behind home plate fifteen rows up. So we sat there and watched the seventh inning and the start of the eighth. It was extremely awesome. The ballpark was great and an awesome experience that I would recommend to anyone- great food, great venue, great people. The Indians may not be the best team in the league but it was a lot of fun. Thanks for reading and come back tomorrow for my post about our first day in Toronto and attending a Canadian Football game. Thanks, again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment