Thursday, August 6, 2015

  Day 1 of HOF Trip
Day one was a great day! My grandfather and I drove from Long Island to New York City to pick up my dad from work and begin this legendary trip. From there we made our way to Giants training camp to watch my favorite football team prepare for the season. As I watched, I took pictures of the three core receivers for the Giants: Odell Beckham Jr., Victor Cruz, and Rueben Randle. My dad and I talked about how they could be the best threesome of wide receivers in the NFL. But then I thought of the Cobb, Nelson, Adams trio in Green Bay. It could be argued that they are a top trio, as well.  The Giants trio is very young with Beckham only going into his second year and Randle going into his fourth. But you need to remember a good quarterback is essential to having a good receiving line.  It's hard to ignore the fact that Manning is a two time Super Bowl champion and two time Super Bowl MVP. Plus Manning just came off of his best season in his career with a QBR of 70.9 and a completion percentage of 63.1. Victor Cruz has 3,947 yards since 2011 which is fifth in the league and he is only 258 yards from the second place receiver Brandon Marshall.But in the Packers favor, they have two top ten receivers in the league in Randell Cobb and Jordy Nelson. There is also a great prospect with Davante Adams coming off his rookie year last year with 446 yards and three receiving touchdowns looking to find his way as the third string wide receiver in Green Bay. While with all of those outstanding receivers for the Packers they also have the reigning NFL MVP as their quarterback. Aaron Rodgers, the Packers quarterback, really helps out the receiving core because Rodgers AKA discount double check, had a completion percentage of 65.6, 4,381, and 38 passing touchdowns last year. Plus, there is Eddie Lacy who was a huge threat for the Packers in the run game last year. He had 1,139 rushing yards and 9 rushing touchdowns last year. So then the defenses can not go all out worries about the pass, defenses have to respect the run when playing the Packers so they can't run up and down the field on the opposing defenses which makes the receiving trio even better. To be honest, I would have to go with the Cheeseheads on this one. In the end, Giants training camp was a great experience that I would recommend to any Giants fan. I might not have gotten any autographs but I had fun watching my grandfather ask people if they wanted his autograph because he told them he was a famous rapper from the 80's!!! Good night and stay tuned for tomorrow's adventure to Pittsburgh where I plan to enjoy checking out the town and attending a Pirates vs Dodgers game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment