Saratoga
Tuesday August 11th-Wednesday August 12th
After we went to the Baseball Hall of Fame, we went to Saratoga to meet up with my mom, grandmother, and sister. We rented a house for two nights right in town. My grandparents were in Saratoga last year and they recommended that we go to a place called Hattie's for dinner where they specialize in fried chicken. But instead I decided to get the ribs. Both the fried chicken and the ribs were delicious! I highly recommend Hatties if you are ever in Saratoga. Wednesday the entire family went to Saratoga Race Track where we got special seating in a private area that my dad booked as a home base called the lower carousel. It was a good spot because everyone was all over the place and could come back and meet up in one central spot. We got there for the second race. It was the first time there for my sister, my mom and me. It also happened to be Irish day with special entertainment and guests! The race track is a special race track; it is one of the oldest in the USA. When you look back on the grand stands they are made out of old wood where it looks like the building is going to fall down on you, and the fans are old and barely work. They don't even help as it was real hot but they did look real cool and old school. It is also very special because they are only open six weeks a year. So every day has a lot of people and a special feel to it. After watching the races from the ground level where you can not see anything besides when they are right in front of you, I decided to go up to the grandstand by myself for the fourth race. But you needed a grandstand ticket to get up there. But I went up and the people didn't even notice! So after I got a stamp when I went down and that meant I could go up to the grandstand whenever I want. So again, it was a lot easier to sneak into pro sports events twenty years ago, but let's say it is not impossible! The fifth race I had Alex the Terror for my betting. I bet two dollars across the board, which is win, place, show. Win, place, show is when you win the win, the place, and the show if you come in first, you win the place and show if you come in second, and show if you come in third. So then you have a better chance of winning. But even though you bet a two dollar bet, you pay six dollars for the better chance of winning if your horse comes in first, second, or third. Alex the Terror came in second for me, so he placed and showed! But that was the only money my family won that day, unfortunately. That said, the race track at Saratoga was amazing and an experience that everyone can enjoy with something for everyone. Thank you for reading and stay tuned for tomorrows blog about Springfield and the Basketball Hall of Fame! Thanks again.

No comments:
Post a Comment